National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority
|National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA)|
|Name of the Authority||National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority|
|Date of Establishment||August 1997|
|Address||5th / 3rd Floor, YMCA Cultural Centre Building, 1, Jai Singh Road,
Tolstoy Marg, New Delhi-110 001
|Telephone Fax||23345116, 23345118, 23345122|
- To implementand enforcethe provisions of the Drugs Price Control Order (DPCO) in accordance with the powers delegated to it.
- To fix / revise prices of bulk drugs and related formulations. The N P P A is empowered to take final decisions, but subject to review by the Government, as and when considered necessary.
- To update the list under price control by inclusion and exclusion of drugs on the basis of the established criteria/guidelines.
- To deal with all legal matters arising out of the decisions of the Authority.
- To monitor the prices of decontrolled drugs and formulations.
- To monitor the availability of drugs, identify shortages, if any, and to take remedial steps.
- To collect/maintain data on production, exports and imports, market share of individual companies, profitability of companies etc. for bulk drugs and formulations.
- To undertake and/or sponsor relevant studies in respect of pricing of drugs/pharmaceuticals.
- To recruit/appoint the officers and other staff members of the Authority, as per rules and procedures laid down by the Government.
- To render advice to the Central Government on changes/revisions in the drug policy.
- To render assistance to the Central Government in the parliamentary matters relating to the drug pricing.
Organisation Chart of Pharmaceutical Division
|US||Under Secretary||DPEA||Drug Prices Equalisation Account|
|JIA||Joint Industrial Advisor||SO||Section Officer|
|DO||Desk Officer||RO||Research Officer|
|JD||Joint Director||PSU||Public Sector Undertakings|
|PI-I||deals with EXIM Policy, duty matters, R&D, WTO, TRIPS, Patents etc.|
|PI-II||deals with Drugs policy, DPCO, price review applications, matters relating to NPPA etc.|
|PI-III||deals with FIPB/PAB proposals, Export Promotion Cell, Joint Commissions, Input-Output norms etc.|
|PI-IV||deals with all matters relating to PSU's and NIPER.|