is a condition where success of treatment depends on how well you keep your blood sugar controlled. Good self-management
can help improve both short and long term health outcomes( 1✔✔Trusted Source
Qual Life Res. 2019 Sep 23. doi: 10.1007/s11136-019-02299-2.
Go to source
). Use Medindia's 'Blood Sugar Calculator' and its resources, if you have recently been diagnosed to have diabetes. It will help you with self-education and better management
of your health(2✔ ✔Trusted Source
BMC Health Serv Res. 2015 Dec 29;15:578. doi: 10.1186/s12913-015-1246-9
Go to source
). Over a period of time you will learn how to manage the condition yourself and will understand why your sugar level fluctuates
If you are worried about your risk of developing diabetes. Click here to know about your risks.
The Blood sugar chart provides descriptions of blood sugar values in terms of mg/dl depending on the test type – Fasting sugar, post-meal or post prandial and Glucose tolerance test (GTT)
for a normal person, in early diabetes and in established diabetes.
Important Facts About Blood Sugar
Alarming facts about Diabetes -
- The International Diabetic Federation estimates that 1 in 11 adults in the world have diabetes, and some 46.5% of adults with diabetes are undiagnosed
- The global burden of type-2 diabetes is set to increase to 438 million by 2030 from 285 million people (recorded in 2010)
- India is the diabetes capital of the world. The country has around 50 million people suffering from the type-2 diabetes
Read more Alarming facts about Diabetes- https://www.medindia.net/health_statistics/health_facts/diabetes-facts.htm
Click Here to Download "Diabetes Wallet Card"
- Qual Life Res. 2019 Sep 23. doi: 10.1007/s11136-019-02299-2. - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31549366)
- BMC Health Serv Res. 2015 Dec 29;15:578. doi: 10.1186/s12913-015-1246-9 - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26715038)
- How Cells Obtain Energy from Food - Molecular Biology of the Cell. 4th edition. - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK26882/)
- Insulin - Wikipedia - (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insulin)
- Diabetes, Heart Disease, and Stroke - (https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/diabetes/overview/preventing-problems/heart-disease-stroke)
- Diabetic Coma - (https://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-complications/diabetic-coma.html)