This combination medication contains thiazolidinedione antidiabetic and DPP-4 inhibitor antidiabetic, prescribed for type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Contraindicated in patients who have severe heart failure, and known hypersensitivity.
Dose is based on patient’s condition. Maximum recommended dose is 25/45mg.
It comes as a tablet, which contains 25 mg alogliptin and 15 mg pioglitazone to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart failure, diabetic eye disease, eye swelling, kidney or liver impairment, bladder cancer, acute pancreatitis, fluid retention, fractures, hypoglycemia (abnormal decrease in blood sugar), premenopausal woman, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Follow diet and exercise program as directed by your physician.
• Monitor blood sugar level regularly while taking this medication.
• Perform eye examination regularly while taking this medication.
• Most Common :
Inflammation of throat and nasal passages, back pain and upper respiratory tract infection.
• Miscellaneous : Nausea or vomiting, stomach pain, loss of appetite, fractures, low blood sugar, vision changes.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (20°C to 25°C).
Bladder neck incision is a surgical procedure where cuts are made in the neck of the urinary ...
Tourette syndrome (TS) is a neurological disorder wherein the affected person makes repetitive and ...
Some drugs or therapeutic agents cause undesirable reactions in lungs, known as drug-induced ...View All