Acetaminophen or paracetamol helps to reduce fever and to relieve a headache with mild to moderate pain.
It is also used with other pain medications to treat low back pain, osteoarthritis, cold, and toothache.
Chloroquine is used for the treatment of Malaria, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus Erythematosus & COVID-19 Infection. Mechanism of action:
It acts by blocking the action of enzyme ‘heme polymerase’ in malarial parasites and this leads to accumulation of heme - which is toxic to the malarial parasite. This leads to the death of the malarial parasite. Update:
•FDA warns against the use of chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine for treating COVID-19 outside the hospital setting or a clinical trial due to high risk of heart rhythm issues.
• Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine gained attention in spite of sayings by the World Health Organization (WHO) that there is no definitive evidence they work for COVID-19 patients.
• Larger, high-quality randomized clinical trials may be needed in order to precisely evaluate its effectiveness, according to University of Oxford's Kome Gbinigie, author of a report on anti-malarial testing for Covid-19.
• More than 20 trials are being carried out on chloroquine for treating COVID-19 in the US, UK, Spain, and China.
Diclofenac is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) prescribed to treat mild-to-moderate musculoskeletal pain.
It helps to relieve:
• Tenderness, stiffness, and inflammation due to osteoarthritis
, rheumatoid arthritis
, and ankylosing spondylitis
• Musculoskeletal pain due to sprains, strains or other causes.
headache and other types of headache.
• Painful menstrual cramps.
• Pre and post-operative pain.
• Pain due to kidney stones and gallstones.
Diclofenac works by blocking the effects of the cyclo-oxygenase enzyme thereby reducing the synthesis of prostaglandins, which are responsible for causing pain and inflammation.
This medication is an expectorant, prescribed for chest congestion. It promotes lower respiratory tract drainage by thinning the mucus in the air passages to make it easier to cough up the mucus and clear the airways.
This medication is a synthetic hormone, prescribed for miscarriage, uterine bleeding, and endometrial cancer.
This medication is a chemical compound, prescribed for dry skin (Xerosis). The cream works by increasing the water content in the skin making the skin softer.
This medication is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic, prescribed for certain types of bacterial infections such as chronic bronchitis, pneumonia, skin and skin structure infections, and others.
This medication is a hormone, prescribed for replacement therapy in women who have passed menopause. It is also used to prevent uterine cancer.
This medication is a semi-synthetic macrolide antibiotic, prescribed for respiratory tract, urinary and soft tissue infections.
This medication is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic, prescribed for community-acquired pneumonia, and chronic bronchitis.
This medication is an anti-parasitic, prescribed for trichomoniasis, giardiasis, bacterial vaginosis, and amebiasis.
This medication is an antihistamine, prescribed for hay fever or other allergies, such as runny nose, sneezing, itching of the nose and throat, and itchy, watery eyes either used alone or in combination of other medications.