This medication is a semi-synthetic macrolide antibiotic, prescribed for respiratory tract, urinary and soft tissue infections.
Adult: PO- The recommended dose is 150 mg twice daily or 300 mg once daily for 5-10 days.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, on an empty stomach.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver impairment, abnormal heart rhythm, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Monitor liver function regularly while taking this medication.
• Avoid long-term use of this medication; otherwise it may cause liver damage.
• Gastrointestinal :
Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, loss of appetite, constipation, indigestion and flatulence.
• Central Nervous System : Weakness, uneasiness, headache, dizziness and weakness.
• Liver : Liver inflammation and increased liver enzyme values.
• Miscellaneous : Rash, changes in blood counts and eosinophilia.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!