This medication is a semi-synthetic macrolide antibiotic, prescribed for respiratory tract, urinary and soft tissue infections.
Adult: PO- The recommended dose is 150 mg twice daily or 300 mg once daily for 5-10 days.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, on an empty stomach.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver impairment, abnormal heart rhythm, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Monitor liver function regularly while taking this medication.
• Avoid long-term use of this medication; otherwise it may cause liver damage.
• Gastrointestinal :
Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, loss of appetite, constipation, indigestion and flatulence.
• Central Nervous System : Weakness, uneasiness, headache, dizziness and weakness.
• Liver : Liver inflammation and increased liver enzyme values.
• Miscellaneous : Rash, changes in blood counts and eosinophilia.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Abruptio placenta is a serious but rare complication of pregnancy where a separation of placenta ...
Cyanosis is the bluish or purplish discoloration of the skin and mucus membranes due to lack of ...
Find out about travel shots or vaccination before you travel to your destination country. Travel ...View All