This medication is an antihistamine, prescribed for hay fever or other allergies, such as runny nose, sneezing, itching of the nose and throat, and itchy, watery eyes either used alone or in combination of other medications. It blocks histamine action, which reduces allergy symptoms.
Contraindicated to newborns, asthma patients, breastfeeding women, known hypersensitivity to codeine phosphate and other antihistamines.
Adult: PO- The recommended dose is 2.5 mg 4-6 hourly. Max: 10 mg/day.
It comes as tablet& syrup to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of increased eye pressure, urinary retention, enlargement of prostate, pyloric obstruction (disorder), epilepsy, children less than 6 years, elderly, during pregnancy.
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Most Common:
Dryness of mouth, dryness of nose, dryness of throat, sedation, sleepiness, dizziness, disturbed coordination.
• Body as Whole: Hives, rash, anaphylactic shock, photosensitivity, excessive perspiration and chills.
• Heart: Low blood pressure, headache, palpitations, fast heart rate, abnormal heart rhythm.
• Blood : Anemia, decrease in white blood cells.
• Central Nervous System: Fatigue, confusion, restlessness, excitation, anxiety, nervousness, tremor, irritability, sleeplessness, emotion, tingling, blurred vision, double vision, vertigo, tinnitus, confusion, hysteria, convulsions, depression, hallucination.
• Gastrointestinal : Indigestion, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation.
• Genitourinary : Urinary frequency, difficult urination, urinary retention, early menses.
• Respiratory : Thickening of bronchial secretions, tightness of chest and wheezing, nasal stuffiness, respiratory depression.
• Potentially Fatal: Blood disorder.
Avoid alcohol consumption while taking this medication.
Oral: Store between 15-30ï¿½C. Store it at room temperature and in an airtight container. Keep away from children and pets.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!