Note: It has been withdrawn from the U.S. market.
This medication is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic, prescribed for community-acquired pneumonia, and chronic bronchitis. It fights bacteria in the body.
Contraindicated in patients who are taking antiarrhythmic drugs, and hypersensitivity.
Adult: PO- The recommended dose is 100-300 mg/day in 1-2 divided doses.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Most Common :
Photosensitivity reaction, diarrhea, nausea, headache, indigestion, dizziness, sleeplessness, abdominal pain, itching, taste perversion, QT interval prolongation, vomiting, flatulence, and dilatation of blood vessels.
• Body As A Whole : Fever, chest pain, generalized pain, allergic reaction, cellulitis, back pain, chills, face swelling, uneasiness, injury, shock, infection, mucous membrane disorder, neck pain, rheumatoid arthritis.
• Heart : Palpitations, electrocardiogram abnormal, high blood pressure, fast or slow heart rate, chest pain, abnormal heart rhythm, atrial flutter, bleeding, migraine, and low blood pressure.
• Gastrointestinal : Constipation, loss of appetite, gum inflammation, oral infection, mouth ulcer, tongue disorder, tooth disorder, stomach flu, increased appetite, mouth ulceration, flatulence and vomiting.
• Blood : Bluish, bruising, disease of the lymph nodes.
• Metabolic : Gout, swelling in the extremities, thirst.
• Musculoskeletal : Joint pain, joint inflammation, and muscle pain.
• Central Nervous System : Tingling, nervousness, drowsiness, abnormal dreams, dry mouth, depression, tremor, anxiety, confusion, hallucinations, sleep disorder, fainting, abnormal gait, agitation, lightheadedness, emotional lability, abnormal thinking, memory loss, and twitching.
• Respiratory : Asthma, nosebleed, pneumonia, runny nose, inflammation of pharynx, bronchus, coughing up blood, sinusitis, cough increased, difficulty in breathing, lung disorder, pleural disorder.
• Skin : Rash, dry skin, herpes simplex, sweating, hives, skin inflammation, pimples, hair loss, skin discoloration, and herpes zoster.
• Eye and ENT : Ear pain, lazy eye, sensitivity to light, ringing in the ear, eye inflammation, double vision, abnormality of accommodation, inflammation of eyelid, ear disorder, eye pain, tear disorder, and ear infection.
• Genitourinary : Vaginal inflammation, painful urination, breast pain, painful menstrual period, blood in urine, irregular periods, night time urination, urinary tract infection, kidney pain, white discharge, and vulvovaginal disorder.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled room temperature (20 to 25°C).