This medication is a hormone, prescribed for replacement therapy in women who have passed menopause. It is also used to prevent uterine cancer.
Contraindicated in patients with liver disease, ectopic pregnancy, breast cancer, blood clot events, and hypersensitivity.
Adult- PO/ IV/IM/Intrauterine/Supp- The recommended dose range is 25 to 400 mg/day.
It comes as a capsule to take by mouth, with or without food.
It also comes as a vaginal suppository to insert through vagina.
It also comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of blood vessel problems, bleeding problems, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, sugar, kidney disease, asthma, headache, seizures, depression, mental illness, cancer, smoking, blood clots, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision, or lightheadedness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• It may affect blood sugar level, monitor sugar level regularly while taking this medication.
• It should not be used in children.
• Gastrointestinal :
Abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, abdominal distension and constipation.
• General : Fatigue.
• Central Nervous System : Headache.
• Genitourinary : Ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome, uterine spasm, vaginal bleeding and urinary tract infections.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (25-30°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Collagen plays a crucial role in glowing skin, strong nails and shiny hair. You can boost collagen ...
CRISPR technology is a simple but potent tool for editing any part of the genome (complete set of ...
FDA recently approved Mogamulizumab-kpkc, a human monoclonal antibody prescribed for adult ...View All