This medication is a hormone, prescribed for replacement therapy in women who have passed menopause. It is also used to prevent uterine cancer.
Contraindicated in patients with liver disease, ectopic pregnancy, breast cancer, blood clot events, and hypersensitivity.
Adult- PO/ IV/IM/Intrauterine/Supp- The recommended dose range is 25 to 400 mg/day.
It comes as a capsule to take by mouth, with or without food.
It also comes as a vaginal suppository to insert through vagina.
It also comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of blood vessel problems, bleeding problems, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, sugar, kidney disease, asthma, headache, seizures, depression, mental illness, cancer, smoking, blood clots, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision, or lightheadedness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• It may affect blood sugar level, monitor sugar level regularly while taking this medication.
• It should not be used in children.
• Gastrointestinal :
Abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, abdominal distension and constipation.
• General : Fatigue.
• Central Nervous System : Headache.
• Genitourinary : Ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome, uterine spasm, vaginal bleeding and urinary tract infections.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (25-30°C).
Sleep disorders are collectively known as ''Somnipathy.'' There are over 70 different medically ...
Unintended pregnancies are very common these days, and so one in about four pregnant women go for ...
Dizziness is a feeling of being faint or unsteady whereas Vertigo is a feeling that you or your ...View All