History of Urinary Stone Disease
Urinary stones have affected mankind since time immemorial.
It would be fascinating to know that the first evidence of urinary stones dates back to 4800 B.C., when a bladder stone was discovered in an Egyptian mummy at E1 Amrah Egypt. Information about urinary stone disease can also be found in ancient Sanskrit literature in India.
Latest Publications and Research on Urinary Stone Disease
- Chronic kidney disease and kidney stones. - Published by PubMed
- [Using of a dismountable 3D-model of the collecting system with color segmentation to improve the learning curve of residents]. - Published by PubMed
- Genome-wide Association Study of 24-Hour Urinary Excretion of Calcium, Magnesium, and Uric Acid. - Published by PubMed
- Frailty predicts a higher risk of incident urolithiasis in 525 368 patients with diabetes mellitus: a population-based study. - Published by PubMed
- Nephrocalcinosis: A Review of Monogenic Causes and Insights They Provide into This Heterogeneous Condition. - Published by PubMed
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Reeja Tharu. (2016, December 15). History of Urinary Stone Disease. Medindia. Retrieved on May 28, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/urinarystonedisease.htm.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "History of Urinary Stone Disease". Medindia. May 28, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/urinarystonedisease.htm>.
Dr. Reeja Tharu. "History of Urinary Stone Disease". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/urinarystonedisease.htm. (accessed May 28, 2022).
Dr. Reeja Tharu. 2021. History of Urinary Stone Disease. Medindia, viewed May 28, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/urinarystonedisease.htm.
Do you wish to consult an Urologist for your problem? Ask your question
34 years experience
Madras Medical Mission Hospital, Mogappair
+ 1 more
6 years experience
Ashtavinayak Hospital, New Panvel
+ 1 more