1. 80 hairs are likely to fall every day.
2. The human skin contains 45 miles of nerves.
3. In one square inch of skin there are 4 yards of nerve fibers.
4. On An average the human scalp has 100,000 hairs.
5. Fingernails grow faster than toenails.
6. Nails of toes and fingers take about 6 months to grow from base to tip.
7. In one square inch of skin, there are 3 million cells.
8. The total weight of skin in an average human adult is 61 pounds.
9. There are 100 receptors in each of our fingertips.
10.The human skin contains 280,000 heat receptors.
11. The palms of the hands and soles of the feet contain more sweat glands than other parts of the body.
12. Intelligent people will have more zinc and copper in their hair.
13. Next to the bone marrow, hair is the fastest growing tissue in the body.
14. An average scalp has 100,000 hairs.
15. The maximum length of hair can be 70 to 90 cm.
16. The life span of hair is two to seven years.
17. Our feet contains about 250,000 sweat glands.
18. About 80 % of ultra- violet rays from the sun can get through the cloud and can cause sunburn or tan even on a cloudy day.
19. Melanin, a pigment present in the skin is responsible for the color of the skin of a person.
20. The human body has 500,000 touch detectors.
21. The human skin cells multiply every second to replace the old ones.
22. Every minute 30,000 to 40, 000 dead skin cells fall from our body.
23. Straight hair lies flat because it is round and grows out of round follicles.
24. Curly hair comes out of an oval follicle.
25. Goose bumps on our skin are caused by pull of muscles attached to hair follicles and make the hair upright.
26. The color of our hair is determined by the melanin, a pigment present in the human body.
27. Healthy human hair can emit sound.
28. A hair grows by 0.3 to 0.5 mm per day, 1 to 1.5 cm per month and 12 to 15 cm per year.
29. An average person's head has 100, 000 to 150, 000 hairs.
30. A single strand of hair has the ability to support up to 100 grams of weight and all the hair has the ability to support up to 12 tones of weight.