every 2 weeks, the human stomach produces a new layer of mucous lining,
otherwise the stomach will digest itself.
2. The human liver performs 500 different functions.
3. Liver is the largest and heaviest internal organ of
the body and weighs about 1.6 kilos.
4. The Liver is the only organ of the body, which has
the capacity to regenerate itself
completely even after being removed almost completely.
5. Liver cells take several years to replace
6. A healthy liver processes 720 liters of blood
7. The human stomach contains about 35 million
small digestive glands.
8. The human stomach produces about 2.5 liters of
gastric juice everyday.
9. In an average person, it takes 8 seconds for
food to travel down the food pipe, 3-5
hours in small intestine and 3-4 days in the large intestine.
10. The human body takes 6 hours to digest a high fat meal and
takes 2 hours for a
11. The food will get into the stomach even if one stands on their head.
12. On an average, the human stomach holds about 2 liters of contents.
13. We produce 1 liter of saliva per day.
14. It takes 5- 30 seconds to chew food.
15. Swallowing of the food takes about 10 seconds.
16. In a human body, the small intestine is 21 feet and the
large intestine is 6 feet long.
17. For every 24 hours, in a healthy adult, more than a gallon
of water containing over an ounce
of salt is absorbed from the intestine.