What is the Difference between Breast Milk and Milk from Other Sources?
The main ingredients that make breast milk different and superior than pasteurized milk and milk from other sources are-
- Lactose (aids in calcium absorption)
- Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids
- Essential Fatty Acids (Linoleic, Linolenic, Arachadonic)
- Vitamins A, D, E, K, B-complex and C
- Minerals (especially calcium, phosphorus and zinc)
- Whey protein
- Bile Salt Stimulated Lipase (aids in digestion of fats)
- Amino acids cystine and taurine
- Lactoferrin (binds iron and makes it unavailable to bacteria in the intestines)
- Secretory Immunoglobulin A (sIgA)
- Bifidus factor (creates more acidic stool, inhibits growth of harmful bacteria)
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Trupti Shirole. (2019, September 20). What is the Difference between Breast Milk and Milk from Other Sources?. Medindia. Retrieved on May 22, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/what-is-the-difference-between-breast-milk-and-milk-from-other-sources.htm.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "What is the Difference between Breast Milk and Milk from Other Sources?". Medindia. May 22, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/what-is-the-difference-between-breast-milk-and-milk-from-other-sources.htm>.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "What is the Difference between Breast Milk and Milk from Other Sources?". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/what-is-the-difference-between-breast-milk-and-milk-from-other-sources.htm. (accessed May 22, 2022).
Dr. Trupti Shirole. 2021. What is the Difference between Breast Milk and Milk from Other Sources?. Medindia, viewed May 22, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/what-is-the-difference-between-breast-milk-and-milk-from-other-sources.htm.