This medication is a calcium channel blocker, prescribed for high blood pressure, chest pain, abnormal heart rhythm, and headache. It works by relaxing the blood vessels.
Contraindicated in patients with low blood pressure, heart disease, and hypersensitivity.
Adult- PO- The recommended dose range is 120-480 mg/day in 3-4 divided doses.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of low blood pressure, heart, kidney or liver problems, muscular dystrophy, neuromuscular disease, cancer, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Monitor liver function, kidney function, complete blood cell counts, electrocardiogram (ECG), and blood pressure regularly while taking this medication.
• It should not be used in children.
• Most Common :
Constipation, headache, upper respiratory infection, dizziness, fatigue, swelling in the extremities, nausea, elevated liver enzymes, slow heart rate, tingling, flushing and low blood pressure.
• Heart : Chest pain, heart failure, lung swelling, heart attack, palpitations, bruising and fainting.
• Gastrointestinal : Diarrhea, dry mouth, gastrointestinal distress and gum swelling.
• Blood : Bruising.
• Central Nervous system : Stroke, confusion, sleeplessness, muscle cramps, shakiness and drowsiness.
• Musculoskeletal : Joint pain.
• Skin : Rash, exanthema, hair loss, increased sweating, hives and redness of the skin.
• Eye : Blurred vision and ringing in the ear.
• Genitourinary : Increased urination, spotty menstruation, impotence and breast enlargement in male.
• Miscellaneous : Allergy aggravation and difficulty in breathing.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Collagen plays a crucial role in glowing skin, strong nails and shiny hair. You can boost collagen ...
CRISPR technology is a simple but potent tool for editing any part of the genome (complete set of ...
FDA recently approved Mogamulizumab-kpkc, a human monoclonal antibody prescribed for adult ...View All