Calaptin (40 mg)Tablet
Nicholas Piramal India Ltd. Generic : Verapamil
7.00 40mg 10
• Most Common :
Constipation, headache, upper respiratory infection, dizziness, fatigue, swelling in the extremities, nausea, elevated liver enzymes, slow heart rate, tingling, flushing and low blood pressure.
• Heart : Chest pain, heart failure, lung swelling, heart attack, palpitations, bruising and fainting.
• Gastrointestinal : Diarrhea, dry mouth, gastrointestinal distress and gum swelling.
• Blood : Bruising.
• Central Nervous system : Stroke, confusion, sleeplessness, muscle cramps, shakiness and drowsiness.
• Musculoskeletal : Joint pain.
• Skin : Rash, exanthema, hair loss, increased sweating, hives and redness of the skin.
• Eye : Blurred vision and ringing in the ear.
• Genitourinary : Increased urination, spotty menstruation, impotence and breast enlargement in male.
• Miscellaneous : Allergy aggravation and difficulty in breathing.
Adult- PO- The recommended dose range is 120-480 mg/day in 3-4 divided doses.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with food.
Contraindicated in patients with low blood pressure, heart disease, and hypersensitivity.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of low blood pressure, heart, kidney or liver problems, muscular dystrophy, neuromuscular disease, cancer, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Monitor liver function, kidney function, complete blood cell counts, electrocardiogram (ECG), and blood pressure regularly while taking this medication.
• It should not be used in children.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!