This medication is an anthelmintic, prescribed for certain parasitic roundworm infections such as Strongyloidiasis and Onchocerciasis. It kills the worms in the intestines.
It is administered as a single oral dose therapy.
Strongyloidiasis- The recommended dose is 200mcg/kg/ body weight.
Onchocerciasis - The recommended dose is 150mcg/kg body weight.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, as single dose on an empty stomach with a full glass of water.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of asthma or a weakened immune system, any infection, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Stool examinations may be performed while taking this medication.
• Patients who have other parasite infections may develop with increased risk of serious brain problem with the following symptoms: unusual back pain, eye bleeding, shortness of breath, failure to control bladder or bowel, trouble walking or standing, mental changes. If it is so consult with your doctor immediately.
• Body as a Whole :
Weakness/fatigue and abdominal pain.
• Gastrointestinal : Loss of appetite, constipation, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting.
• Central Nervous System : Dizziness, drowsiness, unsteadiness and tremor.
• Skin : Itching, rash and hives.
Extreme caution needed in children weighing less than 33 pounds (15 kilograms).
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (25-30°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Cyanosis is the bluish or purplish discoloration of the skin and mucus membranes due to lack of ...
Find out about travel shots or vaccination before you travel to your destination country. Travel ...
Hay fever is caused by allergy to pollen and is characterized by runny or blocked nose, sneezing, ...View All