What are the Benefits of Breastfeeding to the Mother?
Talking in terms of the mother, the act of Breastfeeding is especially beneficial for the following reasons-
- Breastfeeding helps to burn calories, which results in weight reduction.
- Breastfeeding is also known to help in the process of shrinking the uterus.
- Additionally, studies have indicated that nursing mothers who breastfeed have lower risk of premenopausal breast cancer, decreased risk of uterine and ovarian cancer.
- Breastfeeding reduces the risk of postpartum depression. The emotional health of the mother is enhanced by the relationship she develops with her infant during breastfeeding. It results in fewer feelings of anxiety and a stronger sense of connection with the baby.
- Breastfeeding is linked to a lower risk of type-2 diabetes and osteoporosis.
- Breastfeeding helps space subsequent pregnancies.
- Breastfeeding saves time and money as one does not have to buy and measure formula, sterilize bottles and nipples.