Alkem Laboratories Ltd. (Cytomed) Generic : Bleomycin
1,260.00 15u 1
Difficulty in breathing, lung disease and cracking sound.
• Heart: Low blood pressure, cerebral arteritis, stroke, heart attack, Raynaud phenomenon(condition where there is spasm of blood vessels mainly in fingers and toes) and thrombotic microangiopathy, (clot formation in small blood vessels) (with combination chemotherapy).
• Central Nervous System: Uneasiness.
• Skin: Hair loss, redness, thickening of the skin, darkening of skin, nail changes, itching, rash, skin tenderness, mouth ulcer, stretch marks, blistering and scleroderma-like skin changes.
• Gastrointestinal: Loss of appetite and vomiting.
• Local: Pain, pain at tumor site and inflammation of veins.
• Metabolic: Weight loss.
• Miscellaneous: Allergic reactions.
The recommended dose is 0.25 to 0.5units/kg (10 to 20 units/m²) once in a week, or twice.
It comes as a solution for injection, administered into the large muscle, vein or under the skin.
Contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity, severe lung disease, during pregnancy and lactation.
• Caution needed for patients with history of lung infection, pre-existing lung function impairment, kidney impairment, patients who received radiotherapy, particularly to the thorax.
• Regular chest x-rays should be done. Discontinue treatment if chest x-rays show infiltrates.
Avoid excess dosage.
Use a reliable birth control method to prevent pregnancy.
Injection: Refrigerate at 2-8°C. Do not freeze it.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!