• Oxaceprol has anti-inflammatory properties.
• It is used for the treatment of osteoarthritis, inflammation, arthritis and other conditions.
Oxaceprol is an anti-inflammatory agent used for the treatment of osteoarthritis or degenerative joint disorders and inflammation of connective tissues.
The function of oxaceprol is to reduce the accumulation of leukocytes in joints and hence inhibit inflammation.
• Oxaceprol is contraindicated in patients allergic to the drug.
• The recommended dose of the drug is 37.5 to 200 mg tablet.
• Initially a high dosage is given which is reduced gradually with time.
• The tablet or capsule should be taken unchewed between meals.
• Caution should be taken in pregnant and lactating women
• Caution should be taken in children
• Inform the doctor beforehand if you are having any surgeries
• Avoid excess dose
• Oxaceprol interacts with anticoagulant therapy with vitamin k- anticoagulant, antihypertensive, methotrexate, and lithium
• Oxaceprol should be stored at room temperature.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!