What are the Functions of Vitamin F?
Functions of essential fatty acids include -
- Lowers blood cholesterol level
- Helps cut the risk of heart disease
- It brings suppleness and a youthful appearance to the skin. Hair becomes more shiny and healthy.
- Nourishes skin cells and is needed for healthy mucous membranes and nerves.
- Stimulates the growth of the beneficial intestinal bacteria.
- Helps regulate blood coagulation.
- May assist in the reduction of weight.
- Supports the nervous system, cardiovascular health and circulatory function.
- Essential for proper working of the immune system.
- Enhances joint function and makes movement easier. Arthritis patients benefit from these fatty acids.
- Supports glandular activity, especially the thyroid and adrenal glands.
- Essential for the normal functioning of the reproductive system.
- Important in the manufacture of sex and adrenal hormones.
Vitamin F in tandem with vitamin D makes calcium available to the tissues, assists in the assimilation of phosphorus, and stimulates the conversion of carotene into vitamin A.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Trupti Shirole. (2019, March 27). What are the Functions of Vitamin F?|Benefits of Vitamin F. Medindia. Retrieved on May 16, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/what-are-the-functions-of-vitamin-f.htm.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "What are the Functions of Vitamin F?|Benefits of Vitamin F". Medindia. May 16, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/what-are-the-functions-of-vitamin-f.htm>.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "What are the Functions of Vitamin F?|Benefits of Vitamin F". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/what-are-the-functions-of-vitamin-f.htm. (accessed May 16, 2022).
Dr. Trupti Shirole. 2021. What are the Functions of Vitamin F?|Benefits of Vitamin F. Medindia, viewed May 16, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/what-are-the-functions-of-vitamin-f.htm.
Request an Appointment with a Doctor (Nutrition Expert)
30 years experience
Pro Health Diet Clinic, Sector 37-C