This age is the age of rapid development in all sectors. Major technological breakthroughs are taking place and revolutionizing the way we live. Gone are the days when women were confined within the four walls of their home and spent most of their time in the kitchen.
Foraying into the outside world was considered taboo for her. Times have changed and have the views of the people. These days’ women compete with men in all sectors and prove their worth both in the home and the work place. This leaves little time left for her to relax and unwind. Keeping this in view the markets are flooded with food products that do not require much time and energy for preparation. These are referred to as “convenience foods”. This term implies the foods that have already undergone some processes required during cooking so that the actual time and energy required are reduced facilitating the home maker to a large extent. Simply putting it convenience foods are very convenient for people who cannot spend much time in food preparation as well as people with little or no culinary skills.
What is new in Processed Foods?
- Convenience food - (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convenience_food)
- Food Processing - (http://www.foodsystemprimer.org/food-processing/index.html)
- Salient Features of Packaging of Food Products - (https://www.scribd.com/document/318897189/Reading-Material-for-CII-Workshop-on-Food-Packaging-3-Aug-16)
- Semi Cooked Food - (https://fdocuments.us/document/project-semi-cooked-food.html)
- Canning - (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canning)
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Processed Foods - (https://www.lorecentral.org/2019/02/advantages-and-disadvantages-of-processed-foods.html)
- Food storage - (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_storage)
Latest Publications and Research on Processed Foods
- Nutrition and gut health: the impact of specific dietary components - it's not just five-a-day. - Published by PubMed
- A proposed simple method for objectively quantifying free sugars in foods and beverages. - Published by PubMed
- Association between dietary patterns and adult depression symptoms based on principal component analysis, reduced-rank regression and partial least-squares. - Published by PubMed
- Issues surrounding consumer trust and acceptance of existing and emerging food processing technologies. - Published by PubMed
- Validation of preferred salt concentration in soup based on a randomized blinded experiment in multiple regions in Japan-influence of umami (L-glutamate) on saltiness and palatability of low-salt solutions. - Published by PubMed