- International cancer survivors day generally known as NCSD or National Cancer Survivors Day is observed annually on the first Sunday of June.
- The day marks the celebration of the life of cancer survivors all over the world and is an inspiration to those who have recently been diagnosed with cancer.
- It sets an example that cancer is curable and life after cancer can be fruitful, rewarding and even inspiring.
International cancer survivors day
is a celebration of the life of cancer survivors and their fight against
cancer. It is observed annually on the first Sunday of June. This year, the
international cancer survivors day falls on June 3rd.
Aim of National Cancer Survivors Day (NCSD)The day celebrates those who have fought and survived cancer. It inspires those who have been recently diagnosed with cancer. It aims to act as a support group for families affected with cancer and spread awareness among the community through outreach programs.
Listen to this article
‘International cancer survivors day is celebrated annually on the first Sunday of June.’
Tweet it Now
Involvement with NCSDCancer survivors day is a day where everyone, be it a cancer survivor, a friend, a family member, joins hands to celebrate life after cancer. It gives people the opportunity to meet other cancer survivors, listen to their story and support them. The day is a way to show the world that life after cancer can be fruitful, rewarding and inspiring.
What you can do
- Organize events: Hold marathons, walkathons etc. that spread cancer awareness
- Public speaking: Address issues that cancer survivors face, share a survivor's story, help people understand that cancer is curable and there is a life after cancer.
- Fundraising: Collect funds for ongoing research on cancer or to fund a cancer patient's treatment.
- Guidance: Hold medical camps and educate cancer patients, survivors and families.
National cancer survivors day foundationIt is a non-profit organization that works to provide guidance and education to cancer survivors and families. The organization also networks with hospitals, support groups and other cancer-related organizations to host events in the community to spread cancer awareness.
Who is a cancer survivor?According to the National Cancer Survivors Day Foundation, a survivor is anyone living with a history of cancer, right from the moment of diagnosis through the remainder of life. America alone has more than 15.5 million cancer survivors till date.
Topics to address on international cancer survivors day:
- Challenges cancer survivors face:
- Limited access to cancer specialists and treatments
- Health insurance problems
- Financial and economic burden related to medical care, jobs etc.
- Cancer is curable
- Make people realize that cancer is curable with treatment
- Stress on importance of cancer screening and early intervention
If you are a cancer survivor you have reason to celebrate—you have beaten cancer and you are alive and kicking. Connect with support groups to learn about the many ways to take care of your health as a cancer survivor, whether you are still in treatment or completely free of cancer. Eat right, keep yourself physically active and never miss your recommended cancer screenings to keep cancer away from your life forever.
- About National Cancer Survivors Day - (http://www.ncsd.org/about-us)
Latest Health Watch
Understanding sudden infant death syndrome including biological abnormalities and safe-sleep practices
AI algorithm uncovers promising antibiotics to combat drug-resistant bacteria.
Discover the link between prediabetes, diabetes, and dementia risk. Learn how early intervention and prevention strategies can reduce the future burden of dementia.
Unveiling the hype behind IV therapy and the truth behind its potential risks.
A recent study shows that minute changes in facial expressions can help you spot a narcissist.