Macleods Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (TB Care) Generic : Terizidone
494.30 250mg 10
• Terizidone is a derivative of cycloserine and it has a bacteriostatic action. It is used in the treatment of multidrug-resistant and extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis.
• It is a WHO categorized group IV antitubercular drug.
• Gastrointestinal: Nausea and vomiting
• Cardiovascular system: Tremors, congestive heart failure
• Central Nervous System: Suicidal tendency, headache, dizziness, convulsions, depression, lack of sleep, confusion, weakness, slurred speech, fearful feelings, and thoughts
• Skin: Rashes, skin allergies, lichenoid eruptions and Stevens Johnson Syndrome
• The recommended oral dose is 15 - 20 mg/kg per day in three to four divided doses.
• The maximum dose is 1g daily (4 capsules of 250 mg daily)
• The usual dose is 10 - 20mg/kg daily in two divided doses
• Terizidone comes as a hard gelatin capsule of 250 mg which should be taken by mouth after food to avoid gastric discomfort.
Terizidone should not be used by patients with:
• Allergy to terizidone and cycloserine
• History of epilepsy or seizures
• Severe depression or psychosis
• Treatment of bacterial infections other than tuberculosis
• Terizidone therapy should be stopped immediately if the patient shows any sign of suicidal risk or tendency.
• Patients receiving terizidone therapy should take 50mg of pyridoxine for every 250 mg of terizidone to avoid peripheral neuropathy.
• Usage of high doses such as more than 1g a day is not recommended because of the occurrence of liver disease, congestive cardiac failure, convulsions, and coma.
• Not known.
• Store at room temperature below 25°C and keep away from excess temperature.
• Keep out of the reach of the children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!