Gabafit (75 mg)Capsule
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Generic : Pregabalin
70.00 75mg 10 Capsules
• Central Nervous System: Dizziness, sleepiness, fatigue, euphoric mood, confusion, suicidal thoughts, irritability, abnormal movements, and problems with speech, memory or attention.
• Eye and ENT: Blurred vision, double vision, vertigo
• Gastrointestinal: Dry mouth, constipation, increased appetite, flatulence, vomiting, abdominal distension, abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea.
• Genitourinary: Urinary incontinence, sexual dysfunction
• Cardiovascular – Heart failure, problems with heart rhythm
• Musculoskeletal: Pain in muscles and joints.
• Respiratory:Inflammation of nose and upper throat, difficulty with breathing
• Blood - Reduced platelet count which may result in easy bruising
• Miscellaneous: Allergic reaction called angioedema which results in face and throat swelling and difficulty with breathing, fluid retention, swelling of feet, weight gain, low blood sugar
Dosage usually varies from 150 to 600 mg/day given orally in divided doses.
Pregabalin comes as a capsule to take by mouth. It is usually taken with or without food two or three times a day.
Pregabalin should not be used in patients allergic to the drug.
• Dosage should be reduced in patients with kidney disease
• Use with caution in patients with heart failure since it can cause peripheral edema and weight gain.
• It may cause dizziness, drowsiness or blurred vision, do not drive a car or handle machinery after taking the medicine.
• Caution should be advised to patients with decreased platelet counts and bleeding disorders, irregular heart rhythms, during pregnancy and breast feeding.
Avoid alcohol consumption while taking this medication.
Do not discontinue the medicine suddenly without consulting the doctor as it may lead to withdrawal symptoms.
Some of the drugs that should be avoided or used with caution with pregabalin include the following:
• ACE inhibitors like captopril, enalapril , lisinopril, fosinopril, perindopril, ramipril as it results in swelling of the face, neck and mouth leading to breathing difficulty.
• Benzodiazepines like clobazam and lorazepam, barbiturates like phentobarbital and butobarbital, other sedative medications and alcohol due to additive sedative effect.
• Certain antidiabetic drugs like rosiglitazone and pioglitazone as they enhance fluid retention.
• Orlistat used in the treatment of obesity as it inhibits absorption of pregabalin from the digestive tract.
Store it in a closed container at room temperature. Protect from heat, moisture and light. Keep out of reach of children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!