Cipla Limited Generic : Amantadine
63.00 100mg 10 Capsules
• Most Frequent :
Nausea, dizziness, lightheadedness and sleeplessness.
• Central Nervous System : Depression, anxiety, irritability, hallucinations, headache, confusion, abnormal dreams, agitation, fatigue, drowsiness and nervousness.
• Gastrointestinal : Loss of appetite, dry mouth, constipation and diarrhea.
• Blood : Increased white blood cell count.
• Eye : Eye inflammation and dilation of pupil.
• Skin : Itching and discoloration of skin.
• Miscellaneous : Swelling in the extremities, low blood pressure and dry nose.
Adult: PO- Influenza A -100 mg/day for 5 days.
Prophylaxis of influenza A -100 mg/day for up to 6 wk. W/ influenza vaccination: up to 3 wk after vaccination.
Herpes zoster- 100 mg twice daily for 14 days, may continue for another 14 days if pain persists.
Parkinson's disease-100 mg/day, up to 100 mg twice daily after ≥1 wk. Max: 400 mg/day.
It comes as a capsule to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with heart or liver disease, kidney impairment, skin disease, mood problems, suicidal thoughts or actions, seizures, increased eye pressure, elderly, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• It may cause heatstroke, avoid becoming overheated.
• Patient may develop with increased risk of neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS- life- threatening neurological disorder) with the following symptoms: fever; stiff muscles, confusion, abnormal thinking, fast or irregular heartbeat and sweating; if it so consult with your doctor.
Withdrawal should be gradual.
Avoid excess dosage.
Oral: Store it at room temperature (20-25°C) and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!