This medication is a benzodiazepine, prescribed as a sedative to treat severe insomnia. It works by slowing activity in the brain to allow sleep.
Contraindicated in pregnant women and patients with hypersensitivity. It should not be co-administered with ketoconazole, itraconazole, nefazodone.
PO- The recommended dose for adult is 0.25 mg at bedtime. Maximum: 0.5mg.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, after food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with alcohol addiction, smoking habit, depression, mental or mood problems, history of suicidal thoughts or behavior, myasthenia gravis, liver or kidney problems, blood disease porphyria, increased eye pressure, respiratory disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children and during breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• It may cause memory loss; if it is so consult with your doctor.
• Patient may perform certain activities like driving, making phone calls etc, without their knowledge; consult your doctor immediately.
• Most Common :
Weakness, tiredness, dizziness, drowsiness, clumsiness, unsteadiness, "hangover" effect, headache, increased dream frequency, loss of memory, nausea and vomiting.
• Miscellaneous : Depression, lightheadedness, fainting spells, mood changes, excitability, aggressive behavior and movement difficulty.
Avoid excess dosage.
Patient may develop with unusual thinking; if it is so consult with your doctor.
Store it at it room temperature (15-30 °C), and in an airtight container.
Bladder neck incision is a surgical procedure where cuts are made in the neck of the urinary ...
Tourette syndrome (TS) is a neurological disorder wherein the affected person makes repetitive and ...
Some drugs or therapeutic agents cause undesirable reactions in lungs, known as drug-induced ...View All