This medication is a retinoid, prescribed for psoriasis and acne. It may decrease skin inflammation and skin changes associated with psoriasis.
Pregnancy, lactation, eczema, sunburn conditions, and hypersensitivity.
Adult: Topical- As 0.05 or 0.1% cream/gel: Apply once in the evening.
It comes as a gel, and cream to apply topically.
• Avoid contact with eyes, mouth, mucous membranes, and abraded skin.
• Do not use cream with occlusive dressing. Wash your hands thoroughly after application.
• Do not use cream/gel in amounts more than instructed.
• Women with child bearing potential should take birth control measures.
• Negative pregnancy test to be obtained within 2 weeks prior to initiation of the therapy during normal menstrual period.
• Skin: Itching, burning/stinging, redness, skin peeling, irritation, worsening of psoriasis, rash, dry skin, bleeding, localized swelling, high cholesterol levels, desquamation, contact dermatitis, discoloration of skin and photosensitivity.
Avoid exposure to sun or UV light. Do not use >10% of BSA.
Store it at room temperature (25 degrees C). Store it in an airtight container. Keep away from children and away from pets.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!