This medication is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), prescribed for pain and inflammation due to arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. It works by reducing swelling, relaxing and opening air passages in the lungs.
Adults – PO- The recommended dose is 3000 mg daily, given in divided doses.
It comes as a tablet and capsule to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of runny nose or nasal polyps, gout, kidney or liver disease, swelling of the hands, feet, ankles or lower legs, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It should not be used in children and teenagers who have infections like chicken pox, flu etc.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• It may reduce platelet counts; avoid bruising and injury.
• Gastrointestinal :
Nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhea and GI bleeding.
• Skin : Rash and hives.
• Miscellaneous : Ringing in the ear, asthma, shock, liver inflammation and hearing impairment.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and in an airtight container.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!