This medication is an antiandrogen, prescribed for prostate cancer. It stops or slows the spread of cancer cells.
Contraindicated in patients with severe liver impairment, respiratory insufficiency and hypersensitivity.
PO- The recommended dosage is 300 mg once a day for 30 days, followed thereafter by 150 mg once a day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver, kidney disease, breathing problem, any allergy, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• It may cause changes in vision, wear sunglasses while going outside.
• It should not be used in children.
• Body as a Whole :
Pain, headache, weakness, back pain, abdominal pain, chest pain, flu syndrome and fever.
• Heart : High blood pressure.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting, constipation, loss of appetite and indigestion.
• Genitourinary : Hot flushes, impotence and decreased sexual activity.
• Blood : Anemia.
• Metabolic : Increased level of liver enzymes and fluid retention.
• Musculoskeletal : Bone pain.
• Central Nervous System : Sleeplessness, dizziness, depression and sensory loss.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing, upper respiratory infection and pneumonia.
• Skin : Increased sweating, body hair loss, dry skin and rash.
• Eye : Impaired light / dark adaptation and abnormal vision.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (25°C). Protect from light.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Cyanosis is the bluish or purplish discoloration of the skin and mucus membranes due to lack of ...
Find out about travel shots or vaccination before you travel to your destination country. Travel ...
Hay fever is caused by allergy to pollen and is characterized by runny or blocked nose, sneezing, ...View All