This medication is an antiandrogen, prescribed for prostate cancer. It stops or slows the spread of cancer cells.
Contraindicated in patients with severe liver impairment, respiratory insufficiency and hypersensitivity.
PO- The recommended dosage is 300 mg once a day for 30 days, followed thereafter by 150 mg once a day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver, kidney disease, breathing problem, any allergy, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• It may cause changes in vision, wear sunglasses while going outside.
• It should not be used in children.
• Body as a Whole :
Pain, headache, weakness, back pain, abdominal pain, chest pain, flu syndrome and fever.
• Heart : High blood pressure.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting, constipation, loss of appetite and indigestion.
• Genitourinary : Hot flushes, impotence and decreased sexual activity.
• Blood : Anemia.
• Metabolic : Increased level of liver enzymes and fluid retention.
• Musculoskeletal : Bone pain.
• Central Nervous System : Sleeplessness, dizziness, depression and sensory loss.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing, upper respiratory infection and pneumonia.
• Skin : Increased sweating, body hair loss, dry skin and rash.
• Eye : Impaired light / dark adaptation and abnormal vision.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (25°C). Protect from light.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!