This medication is a quinolone antibiotic, prescribed for bacterial infections such as pneumonia, bronchitis, sinus, skin and skin structure infections, and others. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria.
PO- The recommended dose is 400 mg once daily. Duration: 5-21 days, depending on the condition.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of nerve problems, stroke, seizures, chest pain, slow heartbeat, low level of blood minerals, liver disease, myasthenia gravis, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness and lightheadedness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight.
• Blood and Lymphatic System :
Anemia, eosinophilia, decrease in white blood cells and platelets.
• Heart : Palpitations, fast or slow heart rate, heart failure, high or low blood pressure and chest pain.
• Eye and ENT : Ringing in the ear and blurred vision.
• Gastrointestinal : Dry mouth, diarrhea, vomiting, constipation, abdominal pain/discomfort, flatulence, abdominal distention, stomach inflammation and reflux.
• General Disorders : Fatigue, weakness, swelling in the extremities, uneasiness, chills, fever and facial pain.
• Liver : Abnormal liver function tests.
• Infections : Vaginal infection and mouth fungal infection.
• Metabolic : Elevated blood sugar levels, loss of appetite and dehydration.
• Musculoskeletal : Back pain, joint/muscle pain and muscle spasms.
• Central Nervous System : Sensory loss, drowsiness, dizziness, tremor, lethargy, tingling, tension, headache, fainting, anxiety, confusion, agitation, depression, nervousness, restlessness, hallucination and disorientation.
• Genitourinary : Kidney failure, painful urination and vaginal itching.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing, asthma and wheezing.
• Skin : Rash, itching, redness, hives and night sweats.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (25°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!