This medication is an aromatase inhibitor, prescribed for breast cancer either alone or in combination with other medications. It kills cancer cells.
Contraindicated in women who have experienced with premenopause, and for children; hypersensitivity.
The recommended dose is 2.5mg/day, orally, administered after chemotherapy for breast cancer.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Inform your doctor about severe kidney, liver problem, bone diseases.
• It may make you drowsy. Do not drive a car or operate machinery until knowing its effect.
• It is only for women who have experienced menopause and cannot become pregnant. Inform your doctor about your pregnancy and lactation.
Hypertension, chest pain, coronary heart disease, paralysis, strokes, heart attack, fluid accumulation in the lungs, vein inflammation, mini stroke and blood clot in veins.
• Central Nervous System: Weakness, headache, dizziness, fatigue, sleeplessness, drowsiness, anxiety and depression.
• Skin: Hot flushes, increased sweating, night sweats, rash, hair loss and itching.
• Eye and ENT: Blurred vision.
• Gastrointestinal: Nausea, constipation, diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain and loss of appetite.
• Genitourinary: Breast pain, urinary tract infection, kidney disorder, vaginal bleeding and vaginal dryness.
• Liver: Increased liver enzymes level.
• Metabolic: High level of cholesterol in blood, increased weight and high calcium in blood.
• Musculoskeletal: Joint pain, bone pain, back pain, limb pain, inflammation of joints, muscle pain, fracture and inflammation due to fracture.
• Respiratory: Difficulty in breathing, cough and chest wall pain.
• Miscellaneous: Swelling of leg, infections/infestations, influenza, pain and pleural effusion.
Monitor bone mineral density regularly.
Store at 25ï¿½C. Store it in air tight container and keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Cyanosis is the bluish or purplish discoloration of the skin and mucus membranes due to lack of ...
Find out about travel shots or vaccination before you travel to your destination country. Travel ...
Hay fever is caused by allergy to pollen and is characterized by runny or blocked nose, sneezing, ...View All