This medication is a protein-tyrosine kinase inhibitor, prescribed for treating certain type of cancers such as chronic myelogenous leukemia (cancer of the white blood cells, acute lymphoblastic leukemia(cancer of the white blood cells), gastrointestinal stromal tumors (tumors of the gastrointestinal tract and other cancers. It prevents the growth of cancer cells.
PO- Dose varies from 400mg/day to 800mg/day depending on condition. 400 to 600mg/day should be administered once daily, 800mg/day, should be administered twice daily.
Available in the form tablets, to take by mouth (orally) with a meal and glass of water (8 oz/240 ml).
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of high blood pressure, heart attack, irregular heartbeat, diabetes, heart, lung, thyroid or liver disease, smokers, street drug and heavy alcohol users.
• Avoid excess dosage.
• It may cause diarrhea during the treatment. Consult with your doctor if it does so.
• Consult with your doctor during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Compression of the heart, inflammation of the pericardium and blood clot.
• Central nervous System: Loss of strength, fatigue/lethargy, flu like symptoms, headache, dizziness, depression, sleeplessness, anxiety, decreased tactile sensibility, tingling, weakness, CNS hemorrhage and swelling of the brain.
• Skin: Rash/desquamation, itching, baldness, sweating, dry skin, redness of the skin and flushing.
• Eye and ENT: Eye edema, inflammation of the nose and pharynx, increased tears, pharynx and the esophagus pain, runny nose, blurred vision, bleeding in conjunctiva, dry eye and eyelid swelling.
• Gastrointestinal: Nausea, dry mouth, gastritis, loss of appetite, difficulty in swallowing, gastro esophageal reflux, GI bleeding, gas, intestinal obstruction, diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain, constipation, flatulence, abdominal distention and tumor hemorrhage/tumor necrosis.
♦ • Blood:Bleeding, decrease in white blood cells, platelets, hemoglobin, subdural hematoma (SDH).
Avoid excess dosage.
It may affect blood-clot, avoid unusual bruising or injury.
Store at 25°C. Keep in airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Take the quiz on Rabies and test your knowledge about this infection that can affect the brain ...
Pneumonitis usually refers to inflammation of lung tissue due to various non-infective causes such ...
Fremanezumab-vfrm is used as a preventive treatment for a migraine headache in adult patients. It ...View All