This medication is an anticholinergic, prescribed for painful, frequent, or night time urination and urgency. It relaxes the muscles in urinary tract and urinary bladder.
Contraindicated in patients with esophagus problem, urinary blockage, bowel obstruction, stomach bleeding and hypersensitivity.
Adult: Oral- Bladder spasms due to catheterization; Dysuria; Urinary incontinence, urgency and frequency- 200 mg 3 times per day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, on an empty stomach.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of enlarged prostate gland, urinary problems, increased eye pressure, heart, liver or kidney diseases, overactive thyroid, ulcer, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, drowsiness or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Gastrointestinal: Nausea, vomiting and dry mouth.
• Central Nervous System: Fainting, headache, mental confusion, especially in elderly people, drowsiness and nervousness.
• Heart: Fast heart rate and palpitations.
• Allergic: Hives, rash, itching, increased eosinophil count and fever.
• Eye: Increased eye pressure, blurred vision and visual disturbances.
• Genitourinary: Painful urination.
It may cause heatstroke, avoid hot weather.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled room temperature (15 and 30Â°C)and in an airtight container.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!