This medication is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), prescribed for osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and gouty arthritis. It blocks a substance in the body named as cyclo-oxygenase-2 (COX-2).
Contraindicated in patients with peptic ulcer, severe heart disease, stroke, and hypersensitivity.
PO- Adult- The recommended dosage is 60 to 120mg once daily.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart, liver, kidney disease, high blood pressure, blood clotting disorder, any allergy, children, elderly, during pregnancy and breast feeding.
• Drink adequate fluid to avoid dehydration.
• Stop the medication immediately if gastrointestinal lesions occur.
• Monitor blood pressure regularly while taking this medication.
• Central Nervous System :
Headache, dizziness, nervousness, depression, drowsiness, insomnia, vertigo and ringing in the ear.
• Heart : Chest pain, high blood pressure and fluid retention.
• Metabolic : Taste disturbances, mouth ulcer, loss of appetite and weight loss.
• Miscellaneous : Kidney damage, fever, GI disorders, muscle pain and influenza-like syndrome.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it in refrigerator.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Lazy eye or amblyopia occurs when sight in one eye is less than the other in early childhood due to ...
Tracheal or windpipe cancer is a rare cancer and its cause is unclear. The most common squamous ...
Tecovirimat can be used to treat smallpox disease in adult and pediatric patients who weigh at ...View All