• Erythrityl Tetranitrate is a vasodilator used for angina pectoris or severe chest pain.
Erythrityl tetranitrate is used for the treatment of angina pectoris, chest pain caused by reduced blood flow to the heart. It has vasodilator properties.
It relaxes blood vessels and reduces the work load of the heart. It also increases blood flow to the parts of the heart affected by reduced blood flow.
• Erythrityl tetranitrate is contraindicated in patients allergic to the drug or in those with severe anemia.
• It should not be administered with a drug called riociguat, or phosphodiesterase 5 inhibitors like sildenafil and tadalafil.
• The recommended dose of erythrityl tetranitrate is 15 to 60 mg/day.
• Erythrityl tetranitrate tablets should be taken half an hour before or one hour after a meal.
Use with caution in the following conditions:
• Liver disease
• Kidney disease
• Glaucoma or increased pressure within the eye
• Head trauma, brain bleed or increased pressure in the head
• Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (thickening of the heart muscle)
• Low blood pressure
• Volume depletion
• Recent heart attack
• Heart and Blood vessels: Low blood pressure, increase or decrease in heart rate, dizziness, facial flushing.
• Methemoglobinemia: In this condition, the oxygen carrying capacity of the blood is reduced. This side effect is usually not observed when the drug is taken in normal doses.
• Others: Headache, apprehension, weakness, rashes.
• The medication should be discontinued if the patient experiences blurred vision
• Do not discontinue the medication abruptly.
• The effect of the medication could reduce after some time.
• Avoid with alcohol intake.
• Erythrityl tetranitrate should not be given to men who take sildenafil, tadalafil and similar drugs for erectile dysfunction.
• The use of other blood pressure lowering drugs along with erythrityl tetranitrate could produce an extremely low blood pressure.
• It should not be administered with a drug called riociguat, which is used to treat certain cases of pulmonary hypertension.
• Store at the cool and dry place, keep it out reach of children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!