This medication is penicillin-like antibiotic, prescribed for certain types of bacterial infections such as pneumonia, infections of the ear, urinary tract, bone and skin.
Dose is based on patient’s condition.
Adult: PO- The recommended dose is 125-250 mg 6 hourly, it may be increased.
It comes as a tablet and liquid to take by mouth, as directed by your physician.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney or liver disease, any allergy, asthma, blood disease, intestinal inflammation, stomach problems, hay fever, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid long-term or repeated use of this medication; otherwise it may cause secondary infection.
• Body as a Whole :
Sickness-like symptoms like fever, uneasiness, hives, muscle pain, joint pain and abdominal pain.
• Genitourinary : Kidney inflammation.
• Metabolic : Bone marrow depression.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and black or hairy tongue.
• Blood : Decreased white blood cell counts.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature, and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.