This medication is penicillin-like antibiotic, prescribed for certain types of bacterial infections such as pneumonia, infections of the ear, urinary tract, bone and skin.
Dose is based on patient’s condition.
Adult: PO- The recommended dose is 125-250 mg 6 hourly, it may be increased.
It comes as a tablet and liquid to take by mouth, as directed by your physician.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney or liver disease, any allergy, asthma, blood disease, intestinal inflammation, stomach problems, hay fever, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid long-term or repeated use of this medication; otherwise it may cause secondary infection.
• Body as a Whole :
Sickness-like symptoms like fever, uneasiness, hives, muscle pain, joint pain and abdominal pain.
• Genitourinary : Kidney inflammation.
• Metabolic : Bone marrow depression.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and black or hairy tongue.
• Blood : Decreased white blood cell counts.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature, and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Drug hypersensitivity is an adverse reaction that occurs due to an interaction between a drug and ...
Stiff joints are a major problem for the elderly, as the joints tend to wear-and-tear with ...
Uterine/Endometrial cancer is the sixth most common cancer in women worldwide. Uterine cancer ...View All