This medication is an antibiotic, prescribed for Pneumocystis pneumonia (PCP), Toxoplasmosis and also for malaria treatment in combination with proguanil. The medication inhibits the reproduction of the protozoan that causes the disease.
Adult: The recommended oral dose is 1,500 mg (10 ml) once daily, administered with a meal.
It comes as a suspension to take by mouth with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of stomach, intestinal problem, lung disease, liver impairment, allergy, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Most Common:
Allergic reactions like rash, fever, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, increased cough and anemia.
• Central Nervous System: Headache, weakness, dizziness, depression, anxiety and sleeplessness.
• Gastrointestinal: Abdominal pain.
• Respiratory: Difficulty in breathing and inflammation of nose.
• Miscellaneous: Flu-like syndrome, itching and muscle pain.
Take full course of treatment.
Store it at room temperature, and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!