This medication is a calcium channel blocker, prescribed for high blood pressure and chest pain. It widens blood vessels and improves blood flow by not making the heart pump harder. It widens blood vessels and improves blood flow.
Adults- PO- The usual initial dose is 5 mg once daily with a maximum dose of 10 mg once daily.
Children- 6 to 17 years- The effective dose is 2.5 mg to 5 mg once daily.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart failure or liver disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness or dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• It should not be used in children less than 6 years old.
• Most Common :
Dizziness, palpitations, flushing and fluid retention.
• Heart : Abnormal heart rhythm, slow heart rate, chest pain, low blood pressure, poor blood circulation, fainting, fast heart rate and inflammation of blood vessels.
• Central Nervous System : Sensory loss, nerve disease, tingling, tremor, unsteadiness, sexual dysfunction (male1 and female), sleepless, nervousness, depression, abnormal dreams, anxiety and depersonalization.
• Gastrointestinal : Loss of appetite, constipation, indigestion, difficulty in swallowing, diarrhea, flatulence, inflammation of pancreas, vomiting and gum swelling.
• General : Allergic reactions, shock, weakness, back pain, hot flushes, uneasiness, pain, rigors, increased sweating, weight gain and weight loss.
• Musculoskeletal : Joint pain, muscle cramps and muscle pain.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing and nose bleed.
• Skin : Redness of the skin, itching, increased sweating and rash.
• Eye and ENT : Abnormal vision, eye inflammation, blurred/double vision, eye pain and ringing in the ear.
• Genitourinary : Urinary frequency and night time urination.
• Metabolic : Dry mouth, increased sugar level and thirst.
• Blood : Bruising, decrease in white blood cells and platelets.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and in an airtight container.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
CRISPR technology is a simple but potent tool for editing any part of the genome (complete set of ...
FDA recently approved Mogamulizumab-kpkc, a human monoclonal antibody prescribed for adult ...
Birth Control Implant is a long-acting birth control contraceptive inserted into the arm. It is a ...View All