Amlodipine Interactions with Food and HerbsGrapefruit Juice: Grapefruit juice may increase the level of amlodipine in the blood stream.
Pleurisy Root: Pleurisy roots are not recommended with most cardiovascular medications due to the cardiac glycoside content of the root.
Sodium rich foods: Most of the doctors prescribe low sodium foods for patients of hypertension and heart disease, who are often prescribed amlodipine.
Amlodipine Interactions with Alcohol
- Combined use of alcohol and amlodipine may lead to some severe side effects like dizziness or lightheadedness.
- It is best to avoid alcohol when you are on amlodipine.
How to Take the Medication -
- Amlodipine comes in tablet form and can be taken once a day with food or on an empty stomach.
- The dose may vary from 2.5mg to 10mg per day depending on factors like body weight and the patient condition.
- Do not miss a dose. Even if you miss it, take it as soon as you remember.
- Do not double the dose at a time to compensate for the missed dose