Cardiac Tools y
- Chest Measurements
- Heart Attack Risk Calculator
- Heartbeat Calculator
- Blood Pressure Chart
- Pulse Rate Chart (or) Heart Rate Chart
- Heart Rate (Pulse Rate) During Physical Exertion
- Respiratory Rate and Breath-Count Calculator
- Cholesterol Risk Calculator
- Waist to Height Ratio
- Activity Calorie Calculator
- Blood Pressure Calculator
Pulse Rate Chart (or) Heart Rate Chart
Pulse rate or heart rate chart helps you to find out the recommended pulse rate for your age. This calculator covers the average pulse rate for all age groups including that of the unborn fetus.
Pulse rate is counted by putting slight pressure on any section of the body where the artery is close to the skin and where the pulsations can be felt. The most convenient location is the radial section of the wrist (radial pulse). Other locations include side of the neck (carotid pulse), groin (femoral pulse) or side of the feet (Posterior tibial artery pulse).
|How to count the pulse rate at the wrist?
Important Facts About Pulse Rate Chart
- Normal values for pulse rate depend on age and fitness level. A normal adult has a pulse rate of 72 per minute and an athlete’s pulse rate maybe below 50 per minute.
- Insulin, a hormone produced by the pancreas, helps maintain normal blood sugar levels.
- Uncontrolled or high blood sugar levels can lead to health complications such as blindness, heart disease, kidney disease.
- Increase in concentration of glucose in the blood leads to a condition called "diabetic coma" or hyperglycemia.