General Info About Transplantation
Since the early times, the novel idea of transplanting tissues and other body parts from one organism to the other has captured the imagination of successive generations.
Milestones In transplantation
Early 20th Century: Techniques of joining two or more blood vessels developed by Mathiew Jaboulay and Alexis Carrel.
1950ís:Beginning of a modern era of
1959:Schwartz and Dameshek discovered that 6-mercaptopurine had immunosuppressive properties.
Roy Calne showed that azathioprine (a derivative of 6- mercaptopurine) prevented the rejection of canine
1970ís:(Late):Beginning of a
Kidney Transplantation - References
- †††Smithís General Urology (15th Edition)
- Emil A. Tanagho, MD and Jack W. McAninch, MD
- †The McGraw- Hill Companies
- Kidney transplant - (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003005.htm)
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Varshini Jayaraman. (2021, July 28). Transplantation. Medindia. Retrieved on Nov 30, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/kidneytransplantation.htm.
Dr. Varshini Jayaraman. " Transplantation". Medindia. Nov 30, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/kidneytransplantation.htm>.
Dr. Varshini Jayaraman. " Transplantation". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/kidneytransplantation.htm. (accessed Nov 30, 2022).
Dr. Varshini Jayaraman. 2021. Transplantation. Medindia, viewed Nov 30, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/kidneytransplantation.htm.
Latest Publications and Research on Kidney Transplantation
- Lack of Association between Pretransplant Donor-Specific Antibodies and Posttransplant Kidney Outcomes in Simultaneous Liver-Kidney Transplant Recipients with Rabbit Anti-Thymocyte Globulin Induction and Steroid-Free Protocol. - Published by PubMed
- Four-year long (2014-2017) clinical and laboratory surveillance of hepatitis E virus infections using combined antibody, molecular, antigen and avidity detection methods: Increasing incidence and chronic HEV case in Hungary. - Published by PubMed
- Difference in Survival in Early Kidney after Liver Transplant Compared with Simultaneous Liver-Kidney Transplantation: Evaluating the Potential of the "Safety Net". - Published by PubMed
- Quantitative analysis of humoral immunity by flow-cytometric crossmatch using molecules of equivalent soluble fluorochromosome (FCXM-MESF). - Published by PubMed
- Critical evaluation of a possible role of HLA epitope matching in kidney transplantation. - Published by PubMed
Do you wish to consult an Urologist for your problem? Ask your question
12 years experience
The Mission city center clinic, City Centre, Durgapur
+ 1 more
24 years experience
Aarogyam speciality Hospital , NAVRANGPURA , Ahmedabad
3 years experience
11 years experience