This medication is an immunosuppressive agent, prescribed for acute organ rejection during kidney transplantation.
IV- The recommended dose in adult and pediatric patients is 1mg/kg.
It comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a health care provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with any allergy, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• It may affect blood sugar level; monitor sugar level regularly while taking this medication.
• Gastrointestinal :
Constipation, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain, indigestion, abdominal distention and abdominal pain.
• Metabolic : Swelling in the extremities.
• Central Nervous System : Tremor, headache, sleeplessness and dizziness.
• Genitourinary : Painful urination and kidney damage.
• Body as a Whole : Post-traumatic pain, chest pain, fever, pain and fatigue.
• Heart : High blood pressure and fast heart rate.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing, lung swelling and increased cough.
• Skin : Impaired wound healing without infection and pimples.
• Musculoskeletal : Musculoskeletal pain and back pain.
• Blood : Decrease in platelet count and bleeding disorders.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it in refrigerator (2° to 8°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Mastocytosis is a rare condition marked by accumulation of mast cells under the skin and various ...
Lusutrombopag is used to treat abnormally low platelet counts (thrombocytopenia) in adult patients ...
Stereotypic movement disorder (SMD) is a motor disorder, associated with neurodevelopmental ...View All