Symptoms and Signs of Allergic Rhinitis
Symptoms of allergic rhinitis usually occur shortly after coming in contact with allergens. Sneezing is often paroxysmal.
Symptoms of allergic rhinitis usually occur shortly after coming in contact with allergens. Diagnosis is usually made based on the following symptoms:
- Sneezing, this is often paroxysmal, i.e. sudden and uncontrollable
- Itchy nose, mouth, eyes, throat, skin, or any area
- Problems with smell, for example temporary anosmia (loss of smell), hyposmia (decreased sense of smell)
- Runny nose
- Tearing eyes
Symptoms that may arise later include:
- Nasal congestion (stuffy nose)
- Clogged ears and decreased sense of smell
- Sore throat
- Dark circles under the eyes
- Puffiness under the eyes
- Fatigue and irritability
- Memory problems and slowed thinking
- Cecil Medicine, 23rd Ed.
- The Merck Manual, 18th Ed.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Nithin Jayan. (2014, June 03). Symptoms and Signs of Allergic Rhinitis. Medindia. Retrieved on May 21, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/allergic-rhinitis-symptoms-and-signs.htm.
Dr. Nithin Jayan. "Symptoms and Signs of Allergic Rhinitis". Medindia. May 21, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/allergic-rhinitis-symptoms-and-signs.htm>.
Dr. Nithin Jayan. "Symptoms and Signs of Allergic Rhinitis". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/allergic-rhinitis-symptoms-and-signs.htm. (accessed May 21, 2022).
Dr. Nithin Jayan. 2021. Symptoms and Signs of Allergic Rhinitis. Medindia, viewed May 21, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/allergic-rhinitis-symptoms-and-signs.htm.