This medication contains a non-sedating antihistamine (acrivastine), and a nasal decongestant(pseudoephedrine) which is prescribed to temporarily relieve seasonal allergic rhinitis such as sneezing, rhinorrhea, pruritus, lacrimation, nasal congestion. It is also used for itchy or watery eyes, hives, skin rash, itching, and other symptoms of allergies and the common cold. It narrows blood vessels and shrinkage of the nasal mucous membranes by blocking histamine at H1 receptor sites. It narrows blood vessels and shrinkage of the nasal mucous membranes by blocking histamine at H1 receptor sites.
Contraindicated in patients with severe high blood pressure, hypersensitivity, who are taking or have taken monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors within 14 days.
PO- Adults- The recommended dose is one capsule (8mg/60mg), every 4 to 6 hours four times a day.
It comes as a capsule to take by mouth, with or without food. Take this with food if stomach upset occurs.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, overactive thyroid, increased eye pressure, kidney disease, stomach or bowel obstruction, peptic ulcer, urinary tract problems, prostate disease, difficulty in urinating, who are taking other medications, any allergy, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Should not be used in children under 12 years of age and people who have taken a monoamine-oxidase inhibitor antidepressant (MAOI) in the last 14 days.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• It may affect blood sugar levels; monitor blood sugar regularly.
• Central Nervous System :
Drowsiness, headache, dizziness, nervousness, sleeplessness.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, dry mouth/nose/throat, weakness, indigestion, inflammation of pharynx.
• Heart - Increased heart rate, increased blood pressure.
• Miscellaneous : Increased cough, difficulty in passing urine and painful menstruation.
Avoid excess dosage.
If you miss a dose of acrivastine/pseudoephedrine, skip the missed dose. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Store at 15° to 25° C in a dry place and protected from light.
Drug hypersensitivity is an adverse reaction that occurs due to an interaction between a drug and ...
Stiff joints are a major problem for the elderly, as the joints tend to wear-and-tear with ...
Uterine/Endometrial cancer is the sixth most common cancer in women worldwide. Uterine cancer ...View All