This medication is a selective histamine antagonist, prescribed in treating allergic rhinitis. It blocks the histamine action, which reduces allergy symptoms.
Adult: The recommended dose is two sprays per nostril twice daily.
Child: The recommended dose is one spray per nostril twice daily.
It comes as a nasal spray.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcoholic beverages.
• Caution needed for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
• Most Common:
Bitter taste, headache, drowsiness, nasal burning, inflammation of pharynx/nose, dry mouth, sneezing, nausea, fatigue, dizziness, nosebleed and increased weight.
• Body as Whole: Allergic reaction, back pain, viral infection, discomfort or uneasiness, pain in extremities, abdominal pain and fever.
• Heart : Flushing, high blood pressure and fast heart rate.
• Skin: Contact dermatitis, inflammation, hair follicle infection, skin infection and skin laceration.
• Gastrointestinal: Constipation, inflammation of stomach/tongue/intestine, ulcer, vomiting, increased SGPT, diarrhea and toothache.
• Metabolic: Increased appetite.
• Musculoskeletal: Muscle/joint pain, jawbone dislocation and joint inflammation.
• Central Nervous System: Hyperactivity and fainting.
• Psychological: Anxiety, depersonalization, depression, nervousness, sleep disorder and abnormal thinking.
• Respiratory: Asthma, coughing, throat burning, inflammation of larynx/bronchus/sinus, dry throat, shortness of breath, nasal congestion, nasal dryness and post nasal drip.
♦ • Eye and ENT: Eye inflammation, eye pain, watery eyes, nasal sore and loss of taste.
• Genitourinary : Presence of albumin in urine, breast pain, absence of menstrual period, blood in urine and increased urinary frequency.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled room temperature 20°- 25°C.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!