This medication is a synthetic steroid, prescribed for asthma attacks. This medication prevents the release of substances that causes inflammation.
Inhalation: Asthma prophylaxis- Initial: 600-800 mcg/day. Maintenance: 400 mcg/day in divided doses.
Severe asthma- 250 mcg 4 times/day. Max: 2 mg/day.
Nasal Allergic and non allergic rhinitis- 100 mcg into each nostril twice daily. Max: 400 mcg/day.
It comes as an aerosol and solution to inhale through the nose as directed by your physician.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of tuberculosis (TB), chickenpox, liver, kidney or heart disease, sugar, under active thyroid, high blood pressure, mental illness, muscle pain/weakness, joint inflammation, eye infection, seizures, ulcer, any allergy, who taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid contact with eyes.
• Since it takes time to get rid off from your health condition, continue to use it as directed by your healthcare provider.
• Avoid contact with people with chickenpox, measles or shingles.
• Most Common :
Headache, nausea and lightheadedness.
• Respiratory : Nose bleed, stuffiness, runny nose, wheezing and nose irritation.
• Miscellaneous : Watery eyes, increased eye pressure and allergic reactions.
If you feel difficult to use inhaler, consult with your doctor.
Not advisable for use in children aged less than 5 years.
Store it at controlled room temperature (15-30°C), and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!