Study's author Geraldo Lorenzi-Filho, said, "We tested the effectiveness of oropharyngeal exercises to reduce snoring and the exercises significantly reduced snoring in the study group."
Following exercises were included in the study-
2. Suck the tongue upward against the roof of the mouth, and press the entire tongue against the roof of the mouth.
3. Force the back of the tongue against the floor of the mouth while keeping the tip of the tongue in contact with the bottom, front teeth.
4. Elevate the back of the roof of the mouth and uvula while saying the vowel 'A'.
The study has been published in the Online First section of CHEST.
- » News Central
- » Popular News
- » Latest Health News
- » News Category A-Z (500+)
- » Health News and Press Release
- » News Archive
- » News Photo Gallery
- » Lifestyle and Wellness
- » Health Watch
- » Health In Focus
- » Celebrating Life
- » Breaking Health News
- » News From Other Resources
- » India Special
- » News Video Gallery
- » Medindia Exclusive - Interviews and In depth Reports