Zydus Cadila (German Remedies) Generic : Levonorgestrel
35.00 0.75mg 2 Tablets
• Central Nervous System:
Headache, dizziness, increased pressure around the brain and depression.
• Gastrointestinal: Nausea, vomiting, obstruction in bile movement, jaundice and appetite disturbances.
• Genitourinary: Menstrual irregularities, changes in libido, breast discomfort and fluid retention.
• Miscellaneous: Weight changes, swelling of legs, hair loss and low platelet counts.
Adult: Monotherapy: 30 or 37.5 mcg daily. Monophasic combined oral contraceptive (COC): 150-250 mcg daily. Triphasic COC: 50-125 mcg daily.
Oral- Emergency contraception- Adult: 1.5 mg as soon as possible or within 72 hours of coitus. Alternatively, 750 mcg as soon as possible or within 72 hours of coitus followed by a 2nd dose 12 hour later. Another regimen combines levonorgestrel 500 mcg and ethinylestradiol 100 mcg; may be given within 72 hours of coitus followed by a 2nd dose 12 hours later.
Intrauterine system- Adults - Insert into uterine cavity within 7 days of onset of menstruation or immediately after first-trimester abortion. Replace every 5 years.
This medication is available in the form of tablet to take by mouth (orally), with or without food, and intrauterine system for 5 years.
Known or suspected pregnancy; hypersensitivity.
• It does not protect against HIV infection and other sexually transmitted diseases.
• It may affect your blood sugar levels. Check blood sugar levels closely.
• It is an emergency contraceptive. It should not be used for routine birth control.
• Caution should be exercised with patients with history of sex-steroid dependent cancer, past pregnancy in outside of the uterus, malabsorption syndromes, functional ovarian cysts, active liver disease, recurrent cholestatic(bile cannot flow from the liver) jaundice, history of jaundice in pregnancy, heart disease, kidney failure, diabetes, asthma, epilepsy, migraine, conditions aggravated by fluid retention, depression and blood clot(high doses); breastfeeding.
Consult with your doctor for dosage changes.
Intrauterine: Store it at room temperature( 25°C). Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!