Generic : Itraconazole
₹ 200.00 100mg 10 Tablets
The recommended dose is 200 mg (one tablet) once daily for 12 consecutive weeks for treating Onychomycosis of the toenail. It should be taken with a full meal at the same time each day.
Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain and loss appetite.
Body as a Whole : Fluid retention, fatigue, fever and uneasiness.
Skin : Rash and itching.
Central Nervous System : Headache, dizziness, decreased sexual activity and drowsiness.
Heart : High blood pressure.
Metabolic : Decrease in potassium level.
Genitourinary : Impotence.
Liver : Abnormal liver function.
Respiratory: Difficulty in breathing.
It comes as a capsule to take by mouth, on an empty stomach.
• Patients with heart failure
• Allergy to Itraconazole
• Along with certain medications like cisapride, dofetilide, ergot alkaloids, statins, methadone, oral midazolam, nisoldipine, pimozide etc.
• Avoid excess dose of itraconazole
• Patients with heart failure, leg swelling, hearing loss, neuropathy and lung edema should be extremely cautious while taking Itraconazole.
• Itraconazole may cause dizziness. So, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• It may affect blood sugar level; monitor sugar level regularly while taking this medication.
Caution should be exercised in patients with:
1. A history of HIV infection, weakened immune system
2. Kidney problems
3. Liver problems
4. Irregular heartbeat
5. Elderly, children
Do not take Itraconazole with Antiarrhythmics, Anticonvulsants, Anti-HIV Agent, Antimycobacterials, Antineoplastics, Antipsychotics, Benzodiazepines, Calcium Channel Blockers, Gastric Acid Suppressors/Neutralizers, Gastrointestinal Motility Agents, HMG CoA-Reductase Inhibitors, Macrolide Antibiotics, Oral Hypoglycemic Agents, Polyenes, Opiate Analgesics
Store it at room temperature and in an airtight container.