• Most Common:
Abdominal cramps, diarrhea, dizziness, fatigue, depression, headache, nausea, impotence, slow heart rate, low blood pressure, numbness, tingling, cold extremities, sore throat and shortness of breath.
• Central Nervous System: Unsteadiness, fainting, headache, sensory loss, drowsiness, sleep disturbances, vivid dreams, depression, anxiety/restlessness and decreased concentration/memory.
• Cardiovascular: Palpitations and other rhythm disturbances, chest pain and congestive heart failure.
• Gastrointestinal: Dry mouth, abdominal pain, inflammation of stomach, indigestion, vomiting, constipation and peptic ulcer.
• Musculoskeletal: Muscle/joint pain, back/neck pain, muscle cramps and tremor.
• Skin: Increased sweating, rash, acne, psoriasis, skin irritation, itching, flushing, sweating, hair loss, severe allergic reactions and inflammation.
• Eye and ENT: Visual disturbances, eye pain/pressure, increased tears, tinnitus (ringing in human ear), decreased hearing, earache and taste abnormalities.
• Metabolic: Joint inflammation.
• Respiratory: Asthma, inflammation of respiratory tract, bronchus/nose/sinus, coughing and difficulty in breathing.
• Genitourinary: Decreased libido/impotence, penis/bladder inflammation, kidney stone and frequent urination.
• Blood: Easy bruising.
• Miscellaneous: Fever, chills and weight gain.
Adult: PO- Angina pectoris; HTN- 2.5-10 mg/day. Max: 20 mg/day. Heart failure- Initial: 1.25 mg once daily may increase gradually. Max: 10 mg/day.
It comes in the form of tablet, to be taken with or without food.
Contraindicated in patients with poor blood circulation, heart failure and slow heartbeat; hypersensitivity.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of asthma, inflammation of bronchus, diabetes, heart, liver or kidney disease, thyroid problem, respiratory disease, elderly, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Monitor blood sugar level regularly.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
Avoid abrupt withdrawal.
Oral: Store below 25°C.