This medication is an antiretroviral agent, prescribed for HIV/AIDS. It works by decreasing the amount of HIV in the blood.
Adult- PO- The recommended dose is 600mg/day in divided doses.
It comes as a capsule and syrup to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of bone marrow depression, low blood counts, liver, kidney diseases, obesity, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid contact with people who have infections.
• Avoid sexual contact with your partner in order to avoid transmission of HIV infection.
• Monitor liver, kidney functions, and complete blood cell counts while taking this medication.
• Body as a Whole :
Weakness, headache, uneasiness, fever, back, chest pain, flu-like syndrome and generalized pain.
• Gastrointestinal : Loss of appetite, constipation, nausea, vomiting, liver, diarrhea, mouth ulcer, indigestion and flatulence.
• Heart : Heart disease and fainting.
• Blood : Anemia, decrease in white blood cells and platelets.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle pain/inflammation.
• Central Nervous System : Anxiety, confusion, depression, dizziness, loss of mental acuity, tingling, seizures, drowsiness and unsteadiness.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing, Cough, abnormal breath sounds/wheezing unny nose and sinus inflammation.
• Skin : Changes in skin and nail pigmentation, itching, skin death, rash, hives and increased sweating.
• Eye and ENT : Hearing loss, eye swelling, sensitivity to light and taste perversion.
• Genitourinary : Urinary frequency and urinary hesitancy, breast enlargement in male.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and away from light.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!