This medication is an antiretroviral agent, prescribed for HIV/AIDS. It works by decreasing the amount of HIV in the blood.
Adult- PO- The recommended dose is 600mg/day in divided doses.
It comes as a capsule and syrup to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of bone marrow depression, low blood counts, liver, kidney diseases, obesity, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid contact with people who have infections.
• Avoid sexual contact with your partner in order to avoid transmission of HIV infection.
• Monitor liver, kidney functions, and complete blood cell counts while taking this medication.
• Body as a Whole :
Weakness, headache, uneasiness, fever, back, chest pain, flu-like syndrome and generalized pain.
• Gastrointestinal : Loss of appetite, constipation, nausea, vomiting, liver, diarrhea, mouth ulcer, indigestion and flatulence.
• Heart : Heart disease and fainting.
• Blood : Anemia, decrease in white blood cells and platelets.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle pain/inflammation.
• Central Nervous System : Anxiety, confusion, depression, dizziness, loss of mental acuity, tingling, seizures, drowsiness and unsteadiness.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing, Cough, abnormal breath sounds/wheezing unny nose and sinus inflammation.
• Skin : Changes in skin and nail pigmentation, itching, skin death, rash, hives and increased sweating.
• Eye and ENT : Hearing loss, eye swelling, sensitivity to light and taste perversion.
• Genitourinary : Urinary frequency and urinary hesitancy, breast enlargement in male.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and away from light.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Tularemia is an uncommon, highly contagious bacterial infection acquired in humans by insect bites ...
Nipah Virus (NiV) or Hendra virus is a deadly virus that spreads via contact with the saliva, ...
Nose Bleeds or Epistaxis are common during summer. Here are simple tips to prevent nasal bleeding ...View All